OEM’s require 100% inspection, variable data collection and 100% traceability on all delivered fuel rails. Our Fuel Rail Automated Inspection platform meets those requirements with a lower equipment and labor investment and increased profitability.
OUR PLATFORM DELIVERS
- 100% inspection in < 20 – 40-second cycle times, depending on complexity and check points.
- Variable data collection and reporting.
- 100% traceability.
- Repeatability passing 10-3-3 gauge R&R <10% per feature based on tolerance.
- Correlation to CMM <0.10mm.
- Capable of running both right-hand and left-hand parts on the same machine without mechanical changeover.
- Currently running V6-RH/LH and V8-RH/LH on the same machine without required changeover.
- 250,000 units / year – 1 Machine / 1 Shift / 1 Operator.
- In-line testing within a small footprint.
- Average Inspection Cost / Unit – $0.46.
WHY CONSIDER OUR PLATFORM?
- Experience – Component Engineering has over twenty years of experience in designing and delivering automated fuel rail quality inspection solutions.
- Industry Standard – We are the preferred supplier to major fuel rail manufacturers, including TI Automotive, Usui and Park / Ohio AutoForm.
- Higher Return on Investment – Our solution is better, faster and more cost effective than any other option available. 100% inspection across all check points in 30-seconds or less.
- Advanced Technology Integration Options – Experienced integrator of robotic part load and unload, manufacturing 4.0 friendly technology and material handling and movement options.
FEATURES, OPTIONS AND MEASUREMENTS
- Standard Features
- Intuitive user interface with user controls
- Frame with enclosure and safety features
- Fixture with pneumatic clamping
- Controls, including programming, wiring and integration
- Part Master
- Repeatability and Reproducibility – <10% on all features – tolerances from 0.03mm to 1.00mm.
- Correlation to CMM and attribute fixtures Integrates multiple technologies (TruPosition® Probes, LVDT’s, Vision, Laser, Air) for capturing and reporting variable data
- SPC Trending
- Replacement Parts
- Operations and Service Manual
- Operator Training and Support
- Customization Options
- TruPosition probe tip customization
- Advanced Inspection Technology, including robotic and vision integration
- Remote programming and monitoring capability
- Traceability enabling
- Weld fixture up-stream process check
- Standard Measurements
- True Position, profile and perpendicularity of mounting brackets, injector cups, inlets, connectors, pressure sensor ports and wire harness brackets
- Spread check
- End cap height check
- Cross strap height check
- Injector cup notch orientation check
See the Fuel Rail Platform In Motion